Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Beginnings

Well, here goes nothing. :)

This blog has been a long time in the making. I haven't been physically working on it, but it's been swimming in my head for a ridiculously long time. I have several stitchy friends to thank for finally getting the courage to put it out there.

I've been stitching for about 25 years (more on that soon), but I don't know many people in my everyday life who stitch. Lately I've discovered a vast online community of cross stitchers who share my passion. It started with a FB group that I've been part of for many years. We started chatting crafts and I discovered that several ladies shared my favorite hobby. When I started the Woodland Sampler, I discovered that there were hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of stitchers over on Instagram. Soon I also found stitch-a-long groups, blogs and YouTube videos and forums all devoted to cross stitch.

I'm looking forward to this blog for sharing my WIPs, hauls, favorite things and other stitchy stories. Even more than that, I'm looking forward to connecting with other people who love stitching as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Are you a member of Mr X Stitch's 'Phat Quarter' Flickr group? Look it up if you're into contemporary embroidery! Loads of inspiration and chit chats going on over there. Good luck on your new blog venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I both became a stitcher and joined the online community last summer. Without online support, I would not have grown as much since then as a needleworker.

    Looking forward to reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete