Friday, March 28, 2014

Once Upon A Time Mini-Finish: January

One of the reasons I love participating in statch-a-longs (or a SALs) is that each segment feels like its own small finish. That said, I'm not exactly good at finishing each piece on the intended timeline.

With that, I bring you my finished January block of the Once Upon a Time Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. And yes, it's almost the end of March. :) I had a *really* good start on this one and high hopes of staying on track. Then there was an unfortunate counting issue that ended in frogging every bit of the border I'd completed up until that point. I cried real tears and blamed it on post-partum hormones, but they were actually genuine tears of stitchy anguish. If you've been there, you know exactly what I'm talking about.



I absolutely love stitching this one. The hand-dyed threads in the border are from Weeks Dye Works and oh my, they are swoon-worthy. The Frosted Pumpkins' whimsical style makes me smile as I stitch. It's difficult to capture in pictures, but the linen (28-count Cashel Linen in Crystal Dubloon) has a glittery thread woven throughout that gives it a beautiful shimmer.



How about you? Do you enjoy stitch-a-longs? Do you stay on track with the deadlines or do you stitch at your own pace?

2 comments:

  1. I'm signed up for a couple of stitch alongs (including OUAT), but they don't get much attention. Most of the time (and certainly right now), I am focused on projects that are gifts for people and that have (somewhat) strict deadlines attached. But I love having a bunch of projects I want to work on, as it keeps my motivation up.

    Your January block looks great! I only have part of the far left border and a dwarf's hat done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY!!! It's fabulous! And you linked up! I'm sorry I'm just now getting to letting you know I saw it and I was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete